Monday 9 November 2015

DepicT short analysis

Pre-production- What I liked.

I liked some of the planning and ideas of the whole production itself. I had a good time thinking up some mockery super hero gimmicks and seeing what could be manipulated within post to make that feeling more authentic. I also enjoyed the whole story-boarding part of the production since it was where we were able to talk about ideas and combine ideas to make the existing ones better or funnier.

Pre-production- What I disliked.

I didn't like the paperwork of the pre-production. I think that part was too boring since I am more of a creative person, I usually like jumping straight into the project and coming up with ideas on the spot. I felt that I disliked how the pre-production took maybe a little too long.

Production- What I liked.

I enjoyed the Green Screen shooting since we were able to have fun setting up the green screen and then being able to shoot the shots with creativity was a fun exercise to help bond the group. 

Production- What I disliked.

During production, we were really unorganized. We planned a schedule, but, due to unforeseeable weather conditions, we weren't able to film on some days. This is possibly a reason to why we were disorganized since we were deterred by the weather earlier on in the week.

Post-production- What I liked.

I liked editing the green screen stuff. I had a lot of fun seeing what worked and what didn't. The group were able to laugh about some of the videos and work together to make the video better.

Post-production- What I disliked.

I disliked the parts where we watched the whole thing back because I don't have good self-esteem so I don't like seeing myself in video or images. 

What would I have done better if I had the chance to redo it?

I think I would have focused more on the continuity of the real world within the film. I think working on the distinctions between the two could have helped when planning also, but mostly I would have worked on the two worlds within the production of 'Parallel Justice'. If we had more time and didn't have to work within the time constraints of the film we could have conveyed both worlds with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment